Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Week 3 down & Johan

Now coming into my fourth week here in Belgium and now I am starting to get some of that Proper Belgian weather of rain and wind! Luckily it is still quite warm so you can put up with the rain.
The only downside of the wet is racing in the rain and something I really dread and so I have missed the 2 last races of Stad Lokeren as I do noy feel like getting wet and dont wanna chance getting sick.
I have still been able to get out on the bike to do some adventuring on new roads and am happy to say that I have not been getting as lost lately and have finally found my bearings.
I am looking forward to racing 3 races in the next 5 days if the weather holds as fridays race will feature alot of cobbles and Mondays race will be a fairly local race which also features a nice cobbled climb and for me that pretty much makes it a mini classic.
Other than that I have just been sitting back and relaxing,playing witj Toaka the dog and talking alot with my coach Mac about the rest of the year and what my goals are.....to say at the moment I would just like to break some PBs over here.

Other than that here is a picture of my neughbours,they are a fairly roudy bunch,though not to bad on the eye......for Belgians

Cam

Also befor I forget the other day I got the chance to breifly ride with the Lion of Flanders Johan Musseuw as his bunch rode along side me and I was speechless to say the least.